Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Its a Wasa Week


I've discovered that the week following a chemo treatment is a Wasa Week. What does this mean? A week without much food. However, I have found some things I do look forward to: Vlad's poached eggs with toasted ciabatta is a good start to the morning with my daily shot of Neupogen. Wasa crackers with a little peanut buttter plus canned pears in fruit juice gets me through lunch, and frozen bay scallops sauteed for 3 minutes for dinner. I can eat about half the package. And I love to share a piece of watermelon with Vlad in the evening. As I move through Wasa Week it is tough on everyone to see me suffering and to think I'm starving to death. It is rough, but I hope you all find comfort in the fact that I am aware of my weight loss and am highly motivated to find a program that will help me receive the nutrition and calories I need so that I will have the strength to endure the next treatment I do not want to get off schedule! Lets keep this show moving forward.

4 comments:

  1. My dear SuperFly,
    I am following your progress and am truly amazed and inspired by you!! I fully expect you to do whatever it takes to keep yourself on track in your treatment. This is much like Lystra...attack it, stay seated if you can,(that would be you!), stand up and scream if you need to (that would be me!)...whatever it takes to get to the top! Then sweet relief, the sense of accomplishment we are so addicted to...but it was only possible because you had the fitness foundation. I know you are aware of how important your nourishment is at this time, I just don't want you making idle promises to eat that stuff you say you love when you are feeling better...I know how your mind works! So, you had better be eating some apple pie with ice cream and pasta with clam sauce, etc..in these next few weeks in between "sessions"! You are a tough task-master, I know, (35 cruel miles on a hybrid bike, no clips and no previous cycling experience!) :-), but please be gentle with yourself in this time...I love you and fully expect to be pedalling furiously just trying to keep up with you...but you'll have to have enough weight in your ass so I have something to follow...so start eating!! xoxo...P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was as eloquent as Pam, but she put into words exactly what I feel. So "just do it"! Else big brother will be out there following you around all day, hands full of melting ice cream cones, balancing a large bowl of frutti di mare and a huge bag of sauteed broccoli tied to my waist.

    love, scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasa-p?!

    All your good thoughts, Arleen's amazing apple pie and my cooking made our favorite girl put some nice meat on her bones! We are back to normal weight (well, ... as normal as it can be for Christine) and she is feeling great!

    Vlad

    ReplyDelete