Sunday, June 13, 2010

Funky Bahia

I watched a music video from Sergio Mendez today called Funky Bahia. It made me feel happy--and the headgear was inspirational. I've since learned that Bahia is another name for Salvador, which is known as Brazil's capital of happiness due to its easygoing population and countless outdoor parties. I found the video and accompanying music to be uplifting, light, and fun: a great, natural antioxidant.


Speaking of headgear, I received a very thoughtful gift from my sister Jenny that I would like to share with all of you. Jenny wrote that if I ever found my wig to be hot and itchy on those sticky North Carolina summer nights, she thought I might want to slip into something more comfortable. Inside her carefully wrapped package I found four individually wrapped "Buffs", each chosen for a special occasion.



















































































































I loved them all and added them to the Buff collection that my friend Blair, another wise and thoughtful woman, started for me.
Blair is one of those kinds of people that know just the right gift to give at just the right moment. She has showered Vlad with all kinds of amazing plants, including the amazing ass cactus. Besides her infectious laughter, Blair is an amazing artist that can make a rock look like a diamond.














Vlad is also enjoying the buffs.

























In the same weekend I received a special gift from my friend Stephanie. Now Stephanie is not one to sit and watch life go by---and she won't let her friends either. When Stephanie walks into the room, the party starts. Always full of fun and joy, Stephanie pulls a group together with her contagious giggle and open heart. And have you ever heard Stephanie sing? Amazzinngg. . I would like Stephanie to sing KTunstall's "Big White Horse and a Cherry Tree" at my "In the Buff" party. How about it Stephanie?

Overall....I am feeling very good. Turns out the shots I've been taking each day to protect my white blood cell count backfired and caused my body to produce more than it should...but no worries..I should normalize in a couple of days. The good news is that my appetite has returned (with avengance!). I get winded easily, but other than that I feel almost normal.

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers...they are obviously working!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a selection and such a great gift. Only you could be the best dressed bald lady. I especially like the red,blue and yellow one. Vlad, you look really fetching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess where Blair's buff is? ... A little bit tight I may add!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your funky new hairstyle givs you a teenager look.You should keep it.The buffs are hand-painted? They are wonderful.They suit you very well, and you look gorgeous, not the same for VLAD. He looks like a pirate.Love zoe & Radu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Christine --

    Lookin' chic! My favorite was the blue one... great idea, Jenny! ...So that's what the "in the "buff" party will be about? I guess we could come then! {:>}

    love, SDD&F

    ReplyDelete