Monday, June 7, 2010

Chemo Phase: Day 5


Day 5 of Chemo and hopefully those nasty cancer cells are choking!!! I am doing OK...no nausea...no vomiting...no teeth have fallen out.....Actually, besides loss of appetite, metal mouth, a general queasiness in my gut, and a lazy tired kind of feeling....I feel great! The wound from my drain is sealing up nicely, although it looks like someone stuck some wood putty in there. No fresh fruit or veges for the week....but come Saturday I plan to pull out my brand new juicer (gift from my great mom, of course) and whip up some cancer killing


green co
concoctions! Perhaps I'll come up with a fruity cocktail or two...it is summertime after all. While Mom kept me distracted with various shopping venues, Vlad had an eventful diving trip to Beaufort this weekend. Surprisingly, Vlad didn't have trouble with nausea either. Let's call it good karma! As always, he brought back some amazing photos ---some of the best compositions I've seen yet. The jellyfish shots are truly magical. Next cancer blast is June 24th so I have over two weeks to sit back, relax and get used to being bald. Maybe I'll be able to ride my bike next weekend! That would be great!

Other good news to report: HM is back up and running with a brand new water heater. The installers surprised Vlad this morning with a 930am appointment time. They worked steadily until 2pm. The new appliance is impressive. Vlad is a little concerned about a leaky valve, but he intends to get that taken care of with inspectors tomorrow. I'm happy because now I can flush the toilet, take a shower, and have a cold glass of water once again. Ahhh...the simple things in life are what make us the happiest...



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Christine & Vlad --

    Thanks for the blog. We look forward to many
    more posts.... We will not be attending the "Get
    Lost in the Buff" event, however. ;)

    Scott

    ReplyDelete