Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wa Wa Wa Wasa Week



Recovery week from Treatment #5 has been a tough one. I suppose one could call it the Cumulative Chemotherapy Crush. The neupogene shots, while keeping my white blood cell count up, make my bones ache...back, legs and head. As soon as I go off these shots I will feel better. The doctor has also put me on a magnesium supplement. I didn't realize magnesium was such a critical nutrient, but apparently my low magnesium level is contributing to the muscle cramps and aches I have been experiencing. The most significant side effect I'm facing is my red blood cell count is at its lowest. This is making me weak and at times a bit dizzy. I will receive a blood transfusion if I don't recover in another couple of days. The fatigue is frustrating to endure because the weather is so fine...and there is so much I would like to do..These conditions, on top of a loss of appetite, have made it a difficult week to get through.

However! The weekend is drawing closer and the neupogene shots will stop on Thursday. By Saturday I should be feeling better. I am looking forward to the day that food tastes good again and I can eat and drink with pure joy and abandon!

No comments:

Post a Comment